Why Choose to Donate Your Car to Goodwill?
When you donate your vehicle to Goodwill, we sell it at auction to earn revenue for our employment services for job seekers who have disabilities or other challenges finding and maintaining employment. Each year, we work with hundreds of partnering employers to place Kentuckians into thousands of jobs statewide. We offer resume workshops, job fairs, career coaching, expungement clinics, digital literacy courses and more. When you donate your vehicle to Goodwill, you can feel good knowing you helped support our mission to provide a hand up to those who need it most.
Aside from helping your neighbors in need, we make the donation process quick and easy … and you can earn a tax deduction!
Auto Donation Specialists Help You Get Maximum Tax Deduction
Because we believe no good deed deserves to go unrewarded, our auto donation specialists want to help you get the maximum possible tax deduction.
When claiming your tax deduction, it will be based on the auction price. If the vehicle sells for less than $500 the donor can still claim $500 which is the standard amount based on IRS guidelines. Our auto donation specialists will mail to you a 1098-C Letter, including your name, vehicle identification number, date of your donation, sold amount and date sold within 60 days of your donation date.
Goodwill auto auctions and donations will be outsourced moving forward by ADESA in Lexington.
Information regarding new auto auctions:
- Sale happens every third Thursday of the month at 11:30 a.m. EST
- Sale preview starts at 8 a.m. the day of sale
- $500 cash deposit to attend sale, refundable if no purchase is made
- If purchase is made, balance is payable by noon the following day in cash
- Please call us and add your email address to our distribution list if interested in receiving run lists
- $25 annual registration fee. This fee provided a bid badge for one year.